Thursday, April 22, 2010

The best chocolate chip cookies

EDIT: I made these with white chocolate chips and dried cranberries too and they were great!

When Dawson was born people from our church brought home cooked meals to our house for 2 weeks. One lady brought us the best chocolate chip cookies I had ever had. So I asked for the recipe and made my first batch this week. They were superb. Here's the recipe.


1 cup Butter (softened)
1 1/4 cup Sugar
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
2 Tbs Maple Syrup (or pancake syrup)
2 Eggs
3 tsp Vanilla
3 cups Flour
2 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Salt
1 1/2 cups Chocolate Chips


Cream butter and sugars together.


Add syrup, eggs and vanilla to the mixture


Mix well



In a seperate bowl combine the flour, baking soda and salt then add it to the creamed mixture.

Mix in the chocolate chips and spoon on a cookie

sheet. (I added some Skor bits in these pictures)


Bake at 350* for 7-8 minutes.

These cookies are soft so if you prefer a harder cookie, leave them in longer and I hear that they get a caramelized texture to them.

Enjoy!